The holidays (aka Houseguest Season) can be a stressful time for anyone. It doesn’t matter how much you love your mother-in-law or how absolutely adorable your cousin’s little munchkins are – sharing space is hard, especially when it’s yours. Our suggestion: when it comes to being the host or hostess with the most-est, focus less on fluffy white towels and more on soothing white noise. Here’s why:
- We all appreciate a little privacy, and that’s hard to achieve when the person-per-square-foot ratio goes up. Close the door, turn on your sound machine, and enjoy the illusion that you’re alone – at least for a little while. Equip your guests similarly so they can recharge, too.
- When it’s bedtime for the young ‘uns but the rest of the family wants to stay up to catch up, a white noise machine is invaluable. Go ahead, let loose the raucous laughter – those babes won’t hear a thing.
- Better sleep = better temperaments. Family gatherings are no fun when even the adults are acting like cranky, nap-deprived two-year-olds.
- Family dinner conversation can be difficult to negotiate, but it REALLY gets awkward if everyone is trying to pretend that they didn’t just hear Aunt Mildred in the bathroom... big points for privacy!
- You will become the family hero. We can’t tell you how many people first experienced our white noise machine as the guest of a friend or family member, slept better than ever before, and immediately purchased one for themselves.
- Related to the above: hello, gift idea!
Now, if only the beds would make themselves….